Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Hate You.

I hate you more than a mouthful of cigarettes
More than black eyes and cracked ribs
More than roses and candy
More than artificial flavors and feelings

I hate you like a shark hates stopping
Like Johnny hates needles
Like Questions hate Answers
It eats at me
and you have no idea.

Do we mean something?
Are we simply flesh and fuck
Little ivory knights
Full fill forget regret
Why chase a shadow?

I have tried
Tried not to breathe too heavy
Tried to keep my gaze on the pavement
Tried not to ask questions
But there is no more in me

Too many nights in cold sweat
I can’t hear them anymore
Voiceless, faceless
Shadows, and none
Can make a clean entrance.

But I still see that gold glimmer
Your hair drenched
Raindrops on your button-up
Lips as thick as the ocean
And you can’t see a thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, be sure to select "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" if you do not have a Google account or open id of any kind.