Saturday, December 26, 2009

Redemption Of A Salesman

Tonight, I started where it all began.
I reached inside,
removed the lungs from a little boy
and put them in my back pocket.

He knew it was coming.
He had sucked the purity
out of far too many necks,
and as much as I felt the need to carry him on my shoulders,
I knew I couldn't let the bastard live.

Midnight Frozen Fire
Rough Orange
Gleaming Windowpanes
Bleeding Skylines
Star Bright
Bitter Air
My Best Friend.
Yoshi, Tross, Lancelot.

Last Words.
"No matter how thick the clouds get, no matter
How fuzzy the screen is, you're RIGHT HERE."

He kissed goodbye the Sunshine Faces
and Rainbow Dancers,
Shook hands with Serenity's Sister,
Smiled at ME and my bloody right hand,
Rolled his eyes at The Irony,
and fell on his back,
Chest open,
smirk still resonant.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I can breathe.
I can fucking breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, be sure to select "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" if you do not have a Google account or open id of any kind.