Monday, February 1, 2010

Achilles

It seems that the reinforcements
Have arrived...
For I have taken a bat to the picket fences
And I've planted my seed all over YOUR front lawn....
I'm that kind of clown
That'll frown the fuck out of your security.
You can cake those eyelids sweetheart
But we're still not impressed.

As much as I profess the lions,
I dance with Achilles
In wake of my terrors
Lost to the presence of a heel.
I've got concrete dust rocks
Gathered on the floor of my pericardium.
Mind you, I may stab at your underbelly
Claw at your soft spots,
Lap up the spoils of your surrender,
But I rattle the gravel,
Wheezing heavy as my chest aches.
So very heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, be sure to select "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" if you do not have a Google account or open id of any kind.