Saturday, June 26, 2010

Don't Fade

There are wisps of wind in her whispers
in this crisp, clear winter is when I best hear
the breath in my ear as it dissipates with distance
stale bitter tears blister my cheek bones and
and I am left
chasing the wind.

And the splinters spill from my eye lids
as I lose sight of blue-silver gazes.
And the seams split as the darkness consumes that December.
I am severed in two,
An open wound,
I can't wear this porcelain much longer,
Regret is seeping from the cracks.

I found solace in her skin,
Love in her eyes.
Emptied, evermore.
Transient are these moments
Without her embrace.
Fleeting are these endeavors.

As she fades,
I cling to photographs and forgotten sunsets,
My chest is riddled with heart strings,
and I fear I may lose the scars.
The healing is heart wrenching.

Walk through my door.
Just once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, be sure to select "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" if you do not have a Google account or open id of any kind.