Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You'll Probably Never See This

I see her through jaded lattice.
Obscured by the void,
I yearn for slow dances in her garden.
I can almost taste the elegance of this lioness,
for it resonates through the entirety of that little toy town.
And while I see paper bits of strife falling from the edges of her mouth,
I am derailed by the utter artistry,
entranced but the subtle harmony,
compelled by this other part of me
that still seeks fairy-tales
to run off with her.

I bet she could fit me in her coat pocket.
I bet her skin is made of satin.
I bet her lips feel like summer.

Won't you find me one august sunset,
slay me with your smiles,
encompass me with that radiance?
I implore thee,
for I will wait long enough
to lace my fingers with yours
through the lattice holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, be sure to select "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" if you do not have a Google account or open id of any kind.